Hello and welcome. My name is Heather Gray and I am the creator of Soul-filled Life.™
I believe that:
- Meltdowns are golden opportunities.
- Just one inspired idea can change your life.
- The fastest way to heaven is your Soul’s true path.
I have been in the Personal Growth field for over 15 years as a workshop leader, coach, and writer.
I co-authored the award-winning book, Real Girl Real World: A Guide to Finding Your True Self (Seal Press); founded the popular Soul-filled Cafe, a virtual gathering with expert coaches; and created Soul-filled Life for individuals who are ready to explore their true path and create their best life.
I’d love to share more with you. Read about my journey below and download my free guide, 7 Signs Your Life is Off Track.
As a writer, author, solopreneur, Reiki Master/Teacher, Certified Soul Coach and trained Life Coach there was never a cookie cutter, traditional career path that matched what was in my heart. Through a lot of trial and error I have learned to follow, trust and create my own true path. What is a True Path? Here’s my definition…
Your true path is that magical blend of your unique contribution, those things that you are naturally good at, your gifts and the talents (that you were probably born with but may take for granted), combined with great experiences and meaningful results. It’s where life is the most fun, you feel of service and you are in that wonderful flow of giving and receiving.
Creating Soul-filled Life, my small creative business, grown by my own two hands (and a lot of time on the laptop), has been one of my most satisfying True Path experiences. As most Soul-filled projects are, it has been a journey of learning, experimenting, and taking action steps toward my dream ideas. It makes my heart sing to know that Soul-filled Life now touches thousands of people, around the world, on a regular basis. I also love getting to play with some of the most fantastic and innovative thinkers on the planet. (You can meet many of them over at the Soul-filled Café.) And my favorite part? That my daily activities are full of meaning and purpose, and I am engaged in making my creative dreams a reality.
But it was not always this way for me. Despite having an Ivy League education there were many times when I was confused, depressed and way off track from having a life that I loved. There were the years I spent stuck in a job with a 2-hour commute and spent my lunch hours at Barnes and Noble reading personal growth books to try to figure out a life line out of the job. Or more recently, I needed to make a difficult decision to leave working for a personal growth company so I could pursue my own dreams. The following is a brief history of my path to building a Soul-filled Life.
My Path to a Heart-Inspired + Freedom-Filled Lifestyle
I grew up in Princeton, NJ. After receiving a traditional education, a B.A. in Psychology from Brown University, and a Masters in Public Health from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, I quickly stepped off the typical career path in my mid-20′s when I announced to the world that myself and my dear friend, Samantha Phillips, were, “Writing a book!”
After a 2 year journey, I successfully co-authored the Teen Girl Guide book, Real Girl Real World: A Guide to Finding Your True Self, which has been featured on NPR and in Teen People Magazine, published in 2 languages, and is currently in it’s second edition.
By following this passion-based book project to fruition, I became hooked on the creative, freedom-based lifestyle. I also learned pretty quickly that authoring a single book, though an amazing experience, is not enough to establish a living. But I was determined to unlock the secrets to being a richly rewarded for living from one’s unique gifts and heart-inspired ideas.
I kept learning and following my interests. Here are some of the areas I have explored and taken deep soul dives into:
- I studied for one year in a small intensive group with Margaret Anne Case, a Shaman Healer, to became Reiki Master/Teacher. One of my most memorable Reiki experiences was while living in NYC in the aftermath of September 2001, I was able to offer healing sessions to rescue workers and to the families of the 9/11 victims at Pier 94′s Family Assistance Center.
- In 2003 I studied with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and was certified as a Holistic Health Counselor. I have coached hundreds of individuals to create healthier lifestyles.
- I trained and led workshops for a wonderful company, PAX Programs that is committed to Peace on Earth between the sexes and teaches women how to understand men.
- I became a certified Soul Coach in 2007, under the direction of Denise Linn. Soul Coaching is a funny term, because your “soul” does not need coaching – what need’s coaching is yourself so that you can get out of the way and tune into your soul’s messages. Learning from Denise Linn was a turning point in my life direction when my background, interests and trainings seemed to come together into a more cohesive pattern.
- In 2009, I fine tuned with Martha Beck’s Life Coach training. I am very grateful for Martha Beck’s transformational tools, and for being fantastic role model for trusting one’s True Self.
Creatively Birthing Soul-filled Life
In 2009, after 15 years of city dwelling, I packed up my tiny West Village, NYC apartment, put my things into storage, and created a cross-country, laptop lifestyle pilgrimage. After some soul searching and taking a stand for my best and most authentic life vision, I creatively birthed Soul-filled Life. The name came to me during this cross-country trek and was formed from combining the terms “Soul Coach” + “Life Coach” plus my belief that a fulfilling life comes from connecting to one’s Soul. I always tell my clients “If the domain is available for $9.99 on Go Daddy, then it’s meant to be!” And so it was.
Here are some fun achievements, since creating Soul-filled Life:
- Launched two business brands (Soul-filled Life and The Laptop Lifestyle)
- Became an official ‘Laptop Lifestyler’ when I traveled across the USA and back, while building my coaching business
- Hosted a virtual summit for more than 600
- Created my first product, the Laptop Lifestyle Freedom Kit — to help creative types have even more freedom and fulfillment
- I checked off a life long goal of traveling to Africa to do humanitarian work
- Launched the Soul-filled Life Cafe – a blog series featuring expert coaches and entrepreneurs
- Been interviewed and spoken to thousands about my passions as part of summits, radio shows and other creative events. (A big breakthrough for someone who used to suffer from near panic-attack stage fright! Doing what I love and living authentically has cured me of this.)
- Made money from heart-inspired work and dreams
- Earned my first dollars while sleeping (aka passive income from e-products… love that so much!)
One thing I know for sure, is that a Soul-filled journey is always evolving with ongoing learning and growth.
My most recent discoveries and projects include:
- Purchasing my own, beautiful home-with-soul in upstate New York (see photos on my Facebook page.)
- Launching several new heart-inspired programs: the Dream Catalyst Sessions, Dream Mentoring and Vision Retreats
- Completing the Feminine Power training with Claire Zammit and Katherine Woodward Thomas
- Coming across a book entitled HeartWork at my local library, then discovering they are located in my hometown which has led to ongoing mentorship with its’ founder, Dale Goldstein and a deepening of my own work and tools.
- I am writing my next book about following your golden compass, living your best life and taking deep soul dives (coming to a Kindle near you, stay tuned!)
And lastly…here are seven more things you may not know about me
- I am the youngest of four daughters. I have an identical twin sister and we are “mirror images” – she is right handed and I am left handed.
- I am somewhat athletic: I ran the 800 meters in college, ran the NYC Marathon, and have a high blue belt in Hapkido (a Korean Martial Arts). These days I love hiking, Bikram Hot Yoga and snow boarding (which I took up in my mid-30′s)
- I am in INFP on the Myers-Briggs scale and have found that I attract many INFP’s to my community. (A big hello to my highly sensitive soul mates!)
- My strengths (according to the Strength Finder Index) are: adaptability, empathy, relator, maximizer, and futuristic.
- I love snorkeling and scuba diving, and can swim underwater and hold my breath for a weirdly long time (my twin can too.)
- My parents named me “Heather Gray” before it was an official color in the J. Crew Catalog.
Much love to you on your journey.
Discover some of my secrets for navigating to your highest potential.
If you are like me then there are times in your life when you’ve longed for a blueprint or a road map that would clearly direct you towards your best choices, the ones that can bring you the greatest results and the most satisfaction. But because most of us were never taught how to follow our passions when we were growing up, we get confused or bogged down by trying too hard or thinking we should do one thing even though our heart is telling us something else. Or maybe you want to please other people in your life or you are making choices because you are trying to avoid criticism or trying to live up to some imagined societal standard.
What I’ve found is that the more your doubt your own voice and inner wisdom, and the more you over analyze your own instincts, than the more confused, stuck and unsure you become. So it’s this downward spiral of not trusting yourself, leading to more confusion and analyses and more difficult choices, leading to even more confusion. And believe me, I’ve been there and I know it well.
What I’ve learned through my own trials and errors as well as wise teachers, and hundreds of personal growth books is that finding your own way is more about navigating then creating some illusory end point from a list of goals. Which is why I put together the guidebook: 7 Signs Your Life is Off Track (Are you Off Track or On Purpose?) I designed this free Guide to quickly point out to you some simple signs that you can watch out for that show you when you are heading off course and how to easily navigate back towards your true path.
Download your own free copy of 7 Signs Your Life is Off Track (Are you Off Track or On Purpose?) here.
The more I’ve use these signs the easier it is for me to make the choice for my life that bring me my greatest happiness. I’m closing doors on the things not in alignment with my life and the things that I’ve always wanted are coming to me a lot faster.